Forming a Company
Rozy Lahlouh Boulos works very closely with her business clients in assisting them with the formation of corporations (S-Corporation, C-Corporation), limited liability companies (“LLC’s”), and general and limited partnerships. In addition to forming the entity, Ms. Boulos can help with various other organizational issues, including the preparation and update of minutes of board of directors and shareholder meetings, LLC and partnership agreements and amendments, corporate buy-sell agreements, filings required by the California Secretary of State and other documentation relating to entity records maintenance. Finally, Ms. Boulos will dissolve all types of business entities which are no longer productive for the client.
Ms. Boulos advises Silicon Valley start-up companies through the process of formation and raising capital, including authorizing multiple classes of stock or other securities and preparing and administering stock option plans and other forms of executive and/or incentive equity compensation.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Ms. Boulos advises corporations and other privately held business entities with respect to mergers and acquisitions. Whether the client will survive or disappear into the transaction, Ms. Boulos can assist with negotiating and drafting the transaction documents and will work diligently with her clients to effectively close the deal.
Ms. Boulos also assist her clients with drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of business and employment contracts and business transactions, including stock and asset purchase agreements, the purchase and sale of products and services, buy-sell agreements and domestic stock option plans.
Representative Corporate Matters
- Formation of various types of business entities, from advertising firms, consulting companies, internet companies, real estate ventures to restaurants, coffee shops, boutique clothing stores, among many others
- Preparation of equity compensation plans for various Silicon Valley start-up companies
- Representation of the seller of the assets of a printing business to another
- Representation of the purchaser of the assets of a commercial cleaning business to another cleaning company
- Representation of an IT Consulting firm in the acquisition of another similar company
- Representation of a partner in a limited liability company in the sale of his interest to another partner in the company
- Representation of a construction company in a stock sale to another construction company
- Representation of the seller of the assets of a restaurant to another business owner
- Representation of a majority shareholder in his withdrawal from an S-Corporation
- Representation of the purchaser of a popular pizza franchise
- Representation of a Silicon Valley firm in its acquisition by an out-of-state entity